Find the answer to your Linux question:
So here's the deal, I was compiling Mesa 3D right. And it said that it needed libdrm 2.blah.15 and I had 2.blah.12. So I remove the 2.blah.12 package and compile ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot find libdrm

So here's the deal, I was compiling Mesa 3D right. And it said that it needed libdrm 2.blah.15 and I had 2.blah.12. So I remove the 2.blah.12 package and compile 2.blah.17 right, everything goes smooth. Well now Mesa 3D's configure script reports that libdrm isn't installed at all. I've looked around online and found that I might have installed the new libdrm in a place that PKG_CONFIG_PATH doesn't look in, so naturally i find libdrm.pc and add its location to PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Still won't compile. Any suggestions?

Not having libdrm is also prohibiting me to use OpenGL in Starcraft and Quake 2, which is making me a very sad panda.

without more information such as which version of slackware you are running, i'm not sure where to send you for help.

my first guess is that when you upgraded libdrm, you just compiled from source. you should have located the libdrm.SlackBuild for your your version and used it to compile libdrm for you. now, this doesn't fix dependencies, but it does set up the environment correctly to build and install libdrm. it will also create a slackware package that you can install using slackware's installpkg command.

best bet is to removed the libdrm that you installed from source and start with the SlackBuild from here: Index of /slackware-current/source/x/libdrm

this one is for slackware-current, i'm sure google will turn up a SlackBuild for your version of slack. if not, i've had pretty good success using older and newer slackbuilds on my 12.1 box.

Just Joined!
    Sometimes it's as simple as running "ldconfig" after a compile. Add any unusual library paths to /etc/ld.so.conf.