Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hello I downloaded a development tool called mono from slackbuilds and i also downloaded the library it says to download. and i used sbopkg to install both of them . ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

tool called mono slackbuilds

Hello I downloaded a development tool called mono from slackbuilds and i also downloaded the library it says to download. and i used sbopkg to install both of them . They both go through the install and say that they have been installed. But the mono file in usr,doc says that there are programs I can run when i get mono installed and none of the tools it says I can use work. Can somone help me get mono working correctly.

Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .Net framework. Basically programs written in C# or using GTK# GUI toolkit depend on mono, such as F-spot, Banshee, and Tomboy.

So what exactly are you trying to run or accomplish?

Just Joined!

monodevelop

Im trying to install it so i can learn to program on it when i get to the mono development package. and i go to configure monodevelop-2.2.1 I get this error. And I dont understand why i do have all the packages it said i needed on the site but it doesnt find the mono addins program after its been found

No package 'mono-addins' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MONO_ADDINS_CFLAGS
    and MONO_ADDINS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Use the Gnome Slackbuilds repository. It has binary packages for mono, monodevelop, monoaddins, etc.

Download & Install : GNOME SlackBuild - a GNOME distribution for Slackware Linux

Just Joined!

monodevelop

The link you gave me seems to be talking about installing gnome not installing monodevelop . Are you telling me I have to install gnome in order to install monodevelop

No, I'm saying those repositories contain software packages for mono, monodevelop, mono-addins, etc. as well as GNOME. If you enable those repos, you can easily install the mono stuff you want.

Mono and GNOME are more closely connected than KDE and mono. (Many people are worried that GNOME will begin to depend on mono, because it's not entirely clear that mono won't have licensing/patent problems with Microsoft in the future. I am one of those people and personally choose not to use any applications that require mono.) One of the originators of GNOME, Miguel de Icaza, is also the primary architect of mono.

Slackware doesn't include GNOME in the official repos, but because of the connection between GNOME and mono, the GNOME Slackbuild Project has all the mono stuff.

Just Joined!

monodevelop

ok now how do I add those mirrors to my slapt-get repository then

By following the instructions on the link I posted. Since you already have slapt-get installed, it would be everything from Configuring Package Manager and stopping at Downloading and Installing a Basic Desktop.

Just Joined!

monodevelop

hmmm so all i have to do to add places to install from is to add the url to the repository to slaptgets rc file thats hella cool

Just Joined!

monodevelop

well I dont know what all comes in monodevelop but I got the mono c# shell installed now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast