Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone have a link to download a driver for a ati radeon xpress 200m graphics processor ?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ati radeon xpress 200m

Does anyone have a link to download a driver for a ati radeon xpress 200m graphics processor ?

I have a latop with that chipset. It works fine (including so-so 3D acceleration) with the open source radeon driver.

Package details

ATI dropped support for their card with their newer proprietary drivers, and the old non-free drivers don't work with the newer xserver, so you're pretty much forced to use the open source driver.

Just Joined!

ati radeon express 200m

I downloaded that package you had in your link . Is there any special thing I have to do to use it after I download and install it with installpkg or is it automatically working ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you're using the latest Slackware 13, I don't believe you need an xorg.conf file anymore, and the module should automatically load.

You can look at the xorg log file to see more what going on, located at /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Or if you are using an xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf), you may need to tweak it.

If you need/want to add driver options, having just a Device section in xorg.conf is usually adequate.
    Code:
    Section "Device"
           Identifier  "Card0"               # your alias
           Driver      "radeon"
           Option      "DRI" "on" 
           Option      "DynamicPM" "on"      # Dynamic powersaving.
           Option      "ClockGating" "on"    # Assisting option for powersaving.
           Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"   # EXA should fit most cases.
           Option      "EXAVSync" "on"       # attempts to avoid tearing by stalling the engine until the display controller has passed the destination region.
           Option      "DMAForXv" "on"       # Forced option in order to enable Xv overlay.
           Option      "ScalerWidth" "2048"  # That should fix some very rare bugs.
           Option      "EnablePageFlip" "on" # It will not be enabled on R5xx cards.
           Option      "RenderAccel" "on"    # Optional. It should be enabled by default.
           Option      "AccelDFS" "on"       # Optional. See the man page.
           BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection