Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firefox no oxygen style?

I've seen that firefox is the only program that wont show the buttons and the scroll bar like the oxygen ones..
    i was going to post a picture but i only have like 3 posts
    anyone with the same issue?

Thanks in advance
    my OS: Slackware 13

Firefox uses GTK as its toolkit. To get around this you can either install a standalone Firefox Oxygen theme or you can set your GTK theme to use Oxygen, either as a standalone them or by using one of the tools for mirroring KDE's theme.

I know I'm being a bit vague but I'm coming from the otherside. I run a Gnome desktop so as I install my KDE apps such as Amarok and Ktorrent, I install KDE4 systemsettings and set the theme to point at GTK's theme and then manually synchronise the colours. That way no matter what application I open up they all look native

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    Firefox uses GTK as its toolkit. To get around this you can either install a standalone Firefox Oxygen theme or you can set your GTK theme to use Oxygen, either as a standalone them or by using one of the tools for mirroring KDE's theme.

I know I'm being a bit vague but I'm coming from the otherside. I run a Gnome desktop so as I install my KDE apps such as Amarok and Ktorrent, I install KDE4 systemsettings and set the theme to point at GTK's theme and then manually synchronise the colours. That way no matter what application I open up they all look native
    i messed up everything i tried setting GTK+ as my main style X quitted and now i cant go back
    im using root account to post here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by iavor
    i messed up everything i tried setting GTK+ as my main style X quitted and now i cant go back
    im using root account to post here
    Au! I had that happen to me too.

The fastest way around this is from textual mode
    Code:
    mv ~/.kde ~/kde.bak
    and log back in. This builds a new profile. The old one is now in ~/kde.bak, so you can restore it or parts of it if you need. Otherwise you can throw it away.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post
    Au! I had that happen to me too.

The fastest way around this is from textual mode
    Code:
    mv ~/.kde ~/kde.bak
    and log back in. This builds a new profile. The old one is now in ~/kde.bak, so you can restore it or parts of it if you need. Otherwise you can throw it away.
    thanks man ill keep that in mind for next time..
    i kind of reformated

Just Joined!
    Hey did you try to get gtk-kde4.

go to SlackBuild.org and search it.