Find the answer to your Linux question:
My slax is not booting again on the same 4GB flash drive(Sandisk Cruzer), which I used to work with till yesterday. I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org 2 days ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

slax is not booting

My slax is not booting again on the same 4GB flash drive(Sandisk Cruzer), which I used to work with till yesterday.
    I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org 2 days ago.
    After that I was working on my MTD lab. Did that(new kernel) corrupt my slax?
    I formatted my flash drive(FAT32), extracted a files directly to my Flash(freshly). When I boot my PC from USB(by pressing F12key) , all I could see is a cursor blinking on my screen. I dumped the error logs and checked with that all were good. I didn't get any error message when i ran the bootinst.bat file. I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org 2 days ago. After that I was working on my MTD lab. Did that(new kernel) corrupt my slax?
    I just bought a new flash drive(Sandisk) started the work freshly, even that slax on a new USB is not booting. I used unetbootin & Myslax creator to make a bootable USB. It's not booting. Cursor is just blinking on a black screen . i entered as admin and ran the bootint.bat file then rebooted my pc. the same is happening again.

I formatted my flash drive with FAT32. Which file system do we have to use for formatting? I just got stuck totally with this.
    I would really be happy to see some reply.

Just Joined!

SLAX. Why change kernels?

Quote Originally Posted by aden_pink View Post
    I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org 2 days ago.

I would really be happy to see some reply.
    Why change kernels?