Find the answer to your Linux question:
We are trying to install a printer on a desktop running slack 10 the printer is a HP when we go through the wizard we click parallel and we get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Printer in slack 10

We are trying to install a printer on a desktop running slack 10 the printer is a HP when we go through the wizard we click parallel and we get an error saying no uri, if we pick serial (even though it is Parallel) we don't get the error but the printer doesn't work. Does anybody have any idea of how to install an HP printer to slackware?

We got the printer figured out - just in case anybody is interested Parallel port is not enabled in Slack 10 (it is on earlier versons). I uncommented the parallel port settings on rc.modules rebooted an viola printer. cool, but now we are trying to share it on the network. We went throught the configs in smb.conf but we are missing something. Please give suggestions that might work maybe we will stumble onto something.

Just Joined!
    Cheers, you just saved my hair, been trying the same thing, with HP 720C (ppa printer)
    what type you setting up ?
    did the same thing uncommented the parport line and rebooted, then went to bed, so hopefully finsih settin up the printer when I get home.

T.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    We were using a 920c I believe. Works good but we still are having problems figuring out how to share it on the network. We edited samba.conf and we can see it with the windows boxes but and the windows boxes will set it up in Network Neighborhood, but it wont print.