Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK so I've been playing around trying to get my logitech mx700 to work on my laptop. In the process of doing this I have lost the functionality of my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware, I need my mouse back.

OK so I've been playing around trying to get my logitech mx700 to work on my laptop. In the process of doing this I have lost the functionality of my touchpad. Slackware automatically detected it before. So I was wondering if there was a quick way I can get my mouse working again.

I tried booting from the install CD's and selecting Configure your linux system, in the setup menu, but nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post your xorg/xfree config file located in /etc/X11?

Just Joined!
    I'll put my mouse section in. (I'm on my Windows box right now so I can't just copy and paste)

Code:
    File: /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        Driver     "mouse"
        Option     "Protocol" "auto"
        Option     "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse1"
        Driver     "mouse"
        Option     "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option     "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
        Option     "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    EndSection
    Also I've noticed that after trying to reconfigure using the Slackware disk eth0 is no longer configured, and I can't connect to the network because of it. Any help?

Just Joined!
    OK I figured out the problem. I wasn't getting any modules loaded at boot. That's when I realized that there was an extra package in the slackware testing/ folder, named kernel-modulesblahblahblah.tgz, when I updated my Kernel to 2.6.7, the readme made no mention of this package as I remember but I installled it and now have both my touchpaad builtin keyboard and an external wireless keyboard and mouse all working together .

Now all I need to do is remap my mouse buttons with xmodmap. But for now I am overjoyed.

Thanks for your time guys.