I have issues with running the configure script for libptp2.

I have tried three different versions, including the latest.

The problem is that the configure script halts due to an infinite stat64() of the /etc/localtime at this point:

Code:
checking for inline... inline
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for error_at_line... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for alarm... yes
checking for working mktime...
The script continues to stat the file ad infinitum from an strace I did:

Code:
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=126, ...}) = 0
...
I tried to modify the configure script to simply skip this step, but then I got the same issue at the checking for "alarm" step -- which also keeps doing stat64() on the /etc/localtime. I commented this out too, and then I finally got:

Code:
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
./configure: line 21012: /bin: is a directory
./configure: line 21013: limits.h: No such file or directory
./configure: line 21014: limits.h: No such file or directory
./configure: line 21017: /bin: is a directory
./configure: line 21018: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 21018: `    which can conflict with char $ac_func (); below.'
After enough hacking at the configure script I got past this too, only to halt AGAIN at:

Code:
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
Which (from another strace) also keeps polling the same /etc/localtime file.

At this point I give up.

The contents of my /etc/localtime:

Code:
x86_1# cat /etc/localtime
TZif2  ˝­GMT+1TZif2  ˝­GMT+1
<GMT+1>1
My system is a plain x86 with a fresh Slackware 13.1 install, with no other known issues.