Find the answer to your Linux question:
So do i need a theme manager like emerald or do i just download the theme files? and what would be the extention of these files if thats case. As ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Just installed Salix slackware 13.1 with xfce questions about themes

So do i need a theme manager like emerald or do i just download the theme files? and what would be the extention of these files if thats case.

As always thank you for your time in answering my questions.

I don't recall, but I think, XFCE has a theme installer, assuming the theme is packaged properly.

Otherwise, find a theme you like, generally the download will be a tar ball, extract the archive to /usr/share/themes (all users) or to ~/.themes (single user).

Go to Menu -> Settings -> Appearance for GTK2 themes and Menu -> Settings -> Window Manager for xfwm themes.

You should be able to use any GTK2 or icon themes you find on Eyecandy for your GNOME-Desktop - GNOME-Look.org, but obviously not metacity or emerald specific themes. You can also find themes at Eyecandy for your Xfce-Desktop - Xfce-Look.org

I would suggest you go here to look up the information desired -- ttp://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php..._Documentation. Welcome to Salix -- where one learns to do it for oneself, but with some dependency resolution built in!

3 suggestions:
    Look for Gslapt in the GUI; get Slackware Linux Essentials here -- Slackware Linux Essentials, Free SlackwareŽ Linux Essentials Guide -- and type
    PHP Code:
    slapt-get --help 
    in the terminal as root.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close