Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, once again, it's been a while! I have a question for the more experts regarding any web development tool packages that are, if any, offered with the new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Web Development Package

Hi everyone,
    once again, it's been a while!
    I have a question for the more experts regarding any web development tool packages that are, if any, offered with the new versions of slackware.
    I remember Quanta was shipping as part of KDE in slackware 9 but, soon after, they took it away and never replaced it with anything similar.
    Is there a reason for that? is the Slackware team going to come up with some similar packages for web development? perhaps something similar to dreamweaver? or do you guys think that dreameaver is just a waste of time and space?
    Thanx in advance for any input.
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

You have Emacs, Kdevelop, Kate, and KImageMapEditor in Slackware 13.1. I mention Kdevelop only because it can be used for Ruby. There really isn't anything of likes of DreamWeaver, Expression, or Quanta. Quanta isn't even mentioned on the KDE website anymore (though I do not think it was truly a KDE project either). Like everything good that came out of the KDE project, it seems that they have chosen to abandon the application. The only thing I know of that can easily fill that spot in the Linux world right now is KompoZer (kompozer.net/), unless you want to go with the Trinity project and use the old sources for Quanta which were last updated in '07 (sourceforge.net/projects/quanta/files/quanta/Quanta%203.5.7/).

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by operator View Post
    any web development tool packages that are, if any, offered with the new versions of slackware
    While it's not as sophisticated as dreamware, you should be able to find bluefish for the latest slackware builds:

SlackBuilds.org - bluefish
    oz

Linux Newbie
    thnx for your inputs guys, i'll give bluefish a try and let you know how it goes.
    ciao
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen