Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Intel PCMIA Card 2011B - NDISWRAPPER

Hi guys

I am fairly new to Linux only really been using it a few weeks - so any help you can provide I would really really appreciate...

I am using slackware 10.0.

I have an Intel PCMIA 2011B Wireless Card (Model: WPC2011BWW) and would really like to get wireless on it. I have installed NDISWRAPPER and have gotten the required driver which I know works on Windows - on xp my card appears to be using netwlan5, but i also installed wl50nd5 for good measure. But I still cant get the card to come up - there is no flashing light and the interface is not there when I do an ifcong.

Please see my output from NDISWRAPPER and from the messages log shown below:

Code:
    root@...:# ndiswrapper -l
    Installed ndis drivers:
    netwlan5        driver present
    wl50nd5 	driver present
    Code:
    Nov 28 13:53:07 nbarlow-slack kernel: ndiswrapper version 0.12 loaded (preempt=no,smp=no)
    Nov 28 13:53:07 nbarlow-slack loadndisdriver: loadndisdriver: loadall(415): couldn't load driver 'netwlan5'
    Any help or assistance that anyone can provide would be very much appreaciated.

Thanks
    NeilB

did you follow everything in the guide?

after you install ndiswrapper, you have to modprobe ndiswrapper
    and then some other stuff... did you do that?

Just Joined!
    I did and the necearry folders and files exist in the /etc/ndiswrapper directory

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

same problems

Hello,

I had the same problem in the end i stopped using the ndiswrapper and started to use the alternative systems from sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipw2100/

That was more fiddle and mess initially but it works and you can easily tidy it up once your working.