Find the answer to your Linux question:
I lost panel from my user desktop. Using ALT+F2 got back the panel but had real trouble eliminating 1 of the 2 workspace switchers When I right click my current ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

[SOLVED] 2 workspace switchers 1 panel after loosing panel

I lost panel from my user desktop. Using ALT+F2 got back the panel but had real trouble eliminating 1 of the 2 workspace switchers When I right click my current workspace in panel which are in 1 row, the properties shows 2 rows. Originally I had 8 workspaces in 2 rows. That was a real mess but reducing to 2 workspaces has made it workable.
    Anyone got a solution to correcting the properties and how I can get back to 2 rows of 4 workspaces each?
    I see that another distro filed a bug report to xfce on this.
    Last edited by clickit; 04-28-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: problem solved

Linux User

2 workspace switchers 1 panel after loosing panel

That was too easy. Since I had pared down to 2 workspaces in 1 row (originally displayed 2 rows and another with 1 row. I removed the 2 rows by right clicking) and properties showed 2 rows, I changed the value in properties to 1 row then logged off (not certain if this was necessary) when I brought up the user account it was ok and displayed 1 row which was what was displayed. I changed properties to 2 rows and got 2 workspaces in 2 rows. I then clicked applications>settings>workspaces and set up for 8 workspaces and got that too so problem solved.