Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.04, and Slackware 13.37 installed on a single HDD. I installed Windows first, and set a partition for only windows, then I partitioned the rest ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Mulitboot, slack not booting

I have Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.04, and Slackware 13.37 installed on a single HDD. I installed Windows first, and set a partition for only windows, then I partitioned the rest of the hdd with gparted after windows was installed (first pic is of partition, I think its right, but not sure) Then i installed slack, but skipped LILO since I would be using Grub2 from Ubuntu. after i finished slack, i installed ubuntu. after it was installed, i did update-grub, and slack was added (2nd pic). When I try to boot slack, i get a kernel panic, cant remember exactly what it says, but I can get it if needed.

Im pretty sure i have both grub and my partitions set right, because both windows and ubuntu boot fine. when i installed slack, on the first boot menu i just hit enter to leave it huge.s, mostly because im not sure if i should change it and if so what to. anybody have a clue where i messed up at?

EDIT: fixed, setup instructions i used left out a step
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sapper187; 05-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.