Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been asked to write a coporate website. I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a website building program in Slackware or a good program to download. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Slackware Web building

I have been asked to write a coporate website. I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a website building program in Slackware or a good program to download.

thanks,
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Newbie
    If you run KDE, check Quanta Plus. It's installed by default.
    If you want a GTK app, look for BlueFish at linuxpackages.net .
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Thanks for the Quanta suggestion. It is pretty basic. I downloaded Bluefish and from what I can tell it is a glorified Quanta. I think I am actually looking for something a little more powerfull like Dreamweaver though. Can you suggest anything like that?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Scratch Quanta and you'll find there's a lot more to it than at first seems. It is a seriously full-featured code editor.

If it's Dreamweaver you want then it runs under Crossover plugin.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

TTT
    Just Joined!

Web Page Builder

NVU is the best for building web pages and sites , you can download it from here

NVU is like dreanweaver and it is very useful.

G'day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    Scratch Quanta and you'll find there's a lot more to it than at first seems. It is a seriously full-featured code editor.

If it's Dreamweaver you want then it runs under Crossover plugin.
    I will give Quanta another once over if you really think it is good. I do have a copy of crossover but I don't have a legal copy of Dreamweaver so that is out.

Mike
    -- Linus Torvalds

Re: Web Page Builder

Quote Originally Posted by TTT
    NVU is the best for building web pages and sites , you can download it from here

NVU is like dreanweaver and it is very useful.

G'day.
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out
    -- Linus Torvalds