Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed slackware 10 on my notebook and i get bits and pieces of information but nothing to help me thru the process. what all do i need how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wireless Tutorial Needed

I have installed slackware 10 on my notebook and i get bits and pieces of information but nothing to help me thru the process. what all do i need how do i install the drivers configure it to work with my system etc. i have a SMC 2630 something card. intell P3 650 with 256 mg ram 12 gb hard drive and standard install of slackware.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Guru
    It's good practice to always search before posting. If you Google 'wireless howto', you get something like this. That should get you started.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Quote Originally Posted by drakebasher
    It's good practice to always search before posting. If you Google 'wireless howto', you get something like this. That should get you started.

i have done several searches and end up with people trying to help but only covering a certain area of the installation procedure. and anytime i have ever typed howto i get results that had nothing to do with what i was looking for in the first place at the top of my results and spend lots of time delving into many pages looking for the real pages.
    Blog

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    spend lots of time delving into many pages looking for the real pages.
    thats exactly what you have to do. Linux hasn't hit the true mainstream yet, so much information is quite obscure. In my opinion, wireless info is one of the hardest things to find when your new to this like me. Just keep looking and trying, you'll eventually find it!
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

yeah it seems wireless technology on linux is more an art than science lol i have learned way too much about how they work from this experience.
    Blog

Just Joined!
    carlosponti: I *just* got my ipw2100 drivers working, for centrino notebooks. it took 15 hours, several kernel rebuilds, and alot of help from the good people at #ipw2100 on freenode.

Are you using centrino tech?

no i am using a SMC 2632W adapter i think its version 1 becuase i bought it when they first came out.
    Blog