Find the answer to your Linux question:
Me and my buddy are getting an error when installing Slackware. root@slackware:/# fdisk /dev/hda You will not be able to write the partition table. Device contains neither a valid DOS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackare Installation - Invalid Flag

Me and my buddy are getting an error when installing Slackware.

root@slackware:/# fdisk /dev/hda
    You will not be able to write the partition table.
    Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel.
    Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
    until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous content won't be recoverable.

Warning: invalid flag 0x0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)

Command (m for help):

This is the part we're getting stuck at! Don't post back if you're going to tell us to use a different distro. :P We want slackware, and we're not going to sleep untill we have it up and running! The revolution will not be televised!

is it an option to reformat the drive and the install slackware? It sounds like a hard drive issue rather than a distro issue

Just Joined!

Yeah it's okay we installed it correctly now. But we have one problem. Our keyboard isn't working, so we're trying to figure out how to use the rescue disk to install the keyboard again. Any help?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close