Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello... I am using opensuse 12.1 and am trying to install a software lev00_3.29 . I followed the instructions in the manual which required me to use the 'make' command. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error 1: make

Hello...

I am using opensuse 12.1 and am trying to install a software lev00_3.29. I followed the instructions in the manual which required me to use the 'make' command. But on giving the make command

I got the following error

gfortran -g -o lev00 atoms.o menu.o box.o kpoints.o mendeleev.o code.o param.o dos_inc.o explore.o siesta_eig.o device.o bastr.o do_param.o get_param_siesta.o hat.o read_siesta_input.o read_vasp_geom.o lev00.o tools.o tools_strings.o prep_dos.o dos_add.o mainmenu.o read_vasp_psi2.o plotting.o prep_disp.o dipole.o density.o write_dens.o lev_coulmb.o hould.o invers.o manip_dens.o plot_add.o read_density.o simulate.o read_siesta_pdos.o ttag.o choose_tasks.o -L/Applications/Absoft11.0/lib64/ -lU77
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lU77
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [APPLIC] Error 1

PLS HELP
    thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    The error is indicating that ld cannot find the "U77" library.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with "U77", but when searching for it I ran across this statement:
    "There is an independently developed implementation of most of what's in Sun's U77 library included in the run-time library of g77."
    (somewhat older... source: gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-08/msg00244.html )

Then there's this:
    "Note that as of the GCC 4.x series, g77 has been discontinued, replaced by gfortran, which produces programs that do not require an extra libg2c runtime library."
    (source: stackoverflow.com/questions/2406581/what-is-libg2c-library#tab-top )

With that, perhaps you can get away with not using the -lU77 argument? (Since g77 was replaced by gfortran and the objects produced by gfortran don't require the extra runtime library.)

Honestly, this is just a shot in the dark... I'm hoping someone else will also answer that is a little more familiar with U77 & gfortran.