Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hey, i can't find any fo the Apache (1.3) config files. they are not where they usally are.... running slackware 10. thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache config files on slackware?

hey, i can't find any fo the Apache (1.3) config files. they are not where they usally are.... running slackware 10. thanks

Just Joined!
    WGS84 phi = 45 48 31.7 lambda = 15 57 49.0
    try /etc/apache/

Just Joined!
    very odd.... i thought i check there. so i set php to work with apache, now
    why is it not going to index.php, only index.html? how would i change this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    U should scan and change the following in ur httpd.conf file:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
    </IfModule>

Notice that order means priority, so in this case apache would first serve index.php and than if it doesn't exeist it would try to serve index.html

Just Joined!
    what can i say, your the best. one last problem/question. when ever i start mysql, (or it starts itself on boot), it immediately shutsback down. how do i get it to keep running?

Just Joined!
    glad i could help....

now about mysql problem, well u could try and check error log of mysql, but i never used mysql so i don't know where it puts log files, but u can check /var/log ....

Just Joined!
    no luck...... i searched google for the erorr logs, but i couldn't find the location of them there either. This is the error i get when i try to start it up:
    Code:
    ERROR 2002&#58; Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' &#40;2&#41;

Just Joined!
    well google for it

try typing mysql "ERROR 2002" or something similar, i don't use mysql so i don't know.

I use PostgreSQL, so if u have any problems with it u can ask me ...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by forceflow501
    no luck...... i searched google for the erorr logs, but i couldn't find the location of them there either. This is the error i get when i try to start it up:
    Code:
    ERROR 2002&#58; Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' &#40;2&#41;
    I'm guessing you're getting this error when you try to start the client and not the server? That message means that the server is most likely not up. Try typing as root:

Code:
    cd /etc/rc.d
    ./rc.mysqld start
    (note: you may have to give the correct permissions to rc.mysqld, so do this if you get permission denied)

Code:
    chmod a+x rc.mysqld
    If you don't get any error messages after doing ./rc.mysqld start, then mysql is working. But chances are, if this is a clean installation, you won't get it running because for some reason slackware 10 doesnt come mysql-out-of-the-box ready. Try this series of commands (as root)

Code:
    mysql_install_db --user=mysql
    cd /var/lib
    chown -R mysql mysql
    What that just did was install the base database for the mysql user, and then give the mysql user permissions to the mysql folder in /var/lib. This fixes the problem of mysql failing to start. So after you do all of the go back to the first step and try again:

Code:
    cd /etc/rc.d
    ./rc.mysqld start
    If you don't get any errors then mysql is up and running!

Just Joined!
    yeah it seems even though i did a full install slackware had not installed the nessary mysql stuff. i have it running, but seem unable to connect.... i'm using root as username and nothing as the password.......thanks, that helped alot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast