Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a HP mini running on VIA C7-M processor. It ran on open SUSE, and i did upgrade to Open Suse 12.1 quite recently. However, I am still in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

precise puppy 5.4

I have a HP mini running on VIA C7-M processor. It ran on open SUSE, and i did upgrade to Open Suse 12.1 quite recently. However, I am still in the midst of tackling some issues with respect to certain applications which are not functioning. As it is now I found the recent upgrade is "too heavy" for my hp mini. I am reading reviews about lighter linux distros and is considering precise 5.4.
    I did a download of Precise from my Macbook and burned it (at 8x speed - being the lowest speed available) to a CD. Before the burn process I got a window telling that the CD will be useable on a Window and Mac computers!!! I burned it anyway and as expected I cannot boot it in my hp mini and neither on my old Pentium machine!!

Need a bit of advise from forum members pls.

Linux Guru
    did a download of Precise from my Macbook and burned it (at 8x speed - being the lowest speed available) to a CD. Before the burn process I got a window telling that the CD will be useable on a Window and Mac computers!!! I burned it anyway and as expected I cannot boot it in my hp mini and neither on my old Pentium machine!!
    Move the iso to your pentium machine and burn the cd there. I don't know what mac uses to burn Linux images to cd.

Best I can do

http://sd2cx1.webring.org/l/rd?ring=...g-an-iso-image