Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I am trying to design a website using Quanta Plus shipped within KDE packages in Slackware 14. I have looked everywhere on the net and across Google, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

slackware 14 nd Quanta Plus

Hi everyone,

I am trying to design a website using Quanta Plus shipped within KDE packages in Slackware 14.

I have looked everywhere on the net and across Google, and I keep on reading that Quanta Plus is capable to offer WYSIWUG functionality, (in Quanta Plus called VPL, Virtual Preview Layout).

I can't seem to find that option anywhere on Quanta Plus shipped with Slack14 (pkg name: quanta-29a3f8e_20111223git-i486-1.

Could anyone help me finding it? Does it even exist?

Quanta Version 3.9.0 on KDE 4.8.5 on Slackware14.

Thanks for any advise.

While I've never used Quanta, nor done any web design, all I can do is point out the Quanta Plus documentation: Quanta User Manual

Perhaps you'll find something of use.
    Perhaps someone with design experience will chime in.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Hi jayd152

and thanks for your input.

What I noticed so far, according to the documentation link you posted, is that the Quanta Plus shipped with Slackware 14 is different from what is detailed in the Application Manual.

There is no option for WYSIWYG anywhere in Quanta shipped with Slackware, which is annoying cos everywhere else I found that Quanta Plus 'has' that option.

I also noticed that the package shipped with Slackware 14 is named Quanta + Alpha, however I can't find that name anywhere on the net.

I wonder if the two are the same application or, idiotically, two different applications with the same name (which I doubt).

Thanks anyway for your sugestion.

Regards

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close