Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody know of a TV card that is known to work with slackware? Right now I have a MSI tv anywhere and it does not work. This and a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

TV cards for Slackware

Does anybody know of a TV card that is known to work with slackware? Right now I have a MSI tv anywhere and it does not work. This and a good web editor is the only reason why I am running windows at all. If I can find a web editer as good as Dream Weaver and a TV card I would throw windows out the window.
    Thanks,
    Mike

PS I have tried Quanta and Bluefish; these are fine editors, but I thing Dreamweaver edged them out so I am looking for something a little more if possible
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

The ATI TV Wonder works well in Linux. Also, many Hauppage cards work well. Just be sure you check to see what chipset is on them then google for it. Check the section reguarding Video for Linux in a make menuconfig. The docs for those options are very helpful with what TV cards will/won't work in Linux. Also google.com/linux will help immensely.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    WGS84 phi = 45 48 31.7 lambda = 15 57 49.0
    i also got Terratec Cinergy 600 to work, but not 'out of the box'....

anyway cards with BT878 chip should work fine, and those with SAA7134 need some manual tuning...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I built a DVR using the Hauppauge 350 card on Slackware 9.1. Wasn't working out of the box, but it works great after setup....

Linux User

Web Editor

Have you tried running Dreamweaver through wine?
    Check here: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=dreamweavermx

Thanks for the tip I will look into it but I found some more open source solutions that I am looking into also. I am checking out scream it looks interesting.
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds