Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, I can't get the default prompt to show present working directory, like konsole does. Does this mean it simply can't be so configured? or I just haven't been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xfce 4.10 terminal prompt default

Hi folks,
    I can't get the default prompt to show present working directory, like konsole does.

Does this mean it simply can't be so configured? or I just haven't been able to work it out?

thx
    tex

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    Do you have a login shell and home directory set? If I ssh into a machine on which I have an account set with useradd but no default home directory I get no initial path in the terminal prompt. What comes up with pwd typed in terminal?

Just Joined!

thank for response

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_2005 View Post
    Hi,
    Do you have a login shell and home directory set? If I ssh into a machine on which I have an account set with useradd but no default home directory I get no initial path in the terminal prompt. What comes up with pwd typed in terminal?
    I have actually fixed this.
    The question itself pushed me out into the cold to find out some more of the core bitter/sweet truth about linux and slackware in particular: you gotta go find out for yourself!

Thanks again:
    Tex

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close