Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
mount /mnt/cdrom mount: No medium found well... if the drive is empty, thats.... quite normal... if its an audio cd it could give this error or something like no fstype ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

mount /mnt/cdrom

mount: No medium found
    well... if the drive is empty, thats.... quite normal... if its an audio cd it could give this error or something like no fstype specified... you cannot mount a cdrom that has nothing in it, or have a blank cd...

As for the printer... I dont use any... therefor pretty much useless to this question
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    ok, well i can access one of my cd drives (i have one CD-ROM and one DVD-RW), but i could already access that one. So no improvements there. I think it is the DVD-RW drive which was the first one physically installed to my computer.

Linux Engineer
    Your fstab doesnt show any DVD-ROM only the cdrom...
    can you look into your /mnt directory to see if you might have a DVD* directory or another cdrom .( ex: cdrom1)
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    My mnt/ directory only shows cdrom floppy and hd. But the cdrom it is referencing to is my DVD-RW, it is not detecting my DVD-ROM drive. Ive no idea whats wrong.

Maybe you should start reading and learning things about Linux. Most of your problems are really simple and asked many times before. And I cannot escape from the impression that you are not trying very hard to solve things yourself.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Your right, I wasnt trying to solve things myself. But I was being clever and using an available resource. I'll do some reading... eventually!

Okay, that's better
    May I suggest you to start reading on the Slackware site, the documentation was updated recently to match Slackware 10.0.

http://www.slackware.com/config/

About the mount points: they are not proof of hardware being detected, but normal directories (empty). You can edit /etc/fstab to use whatever /mnt/ you want.

If you would like a norton commandor alike thing in your shell, type the command mc . It will startup a very handy program with an integrated editor as well.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Not pretty much sure why the linuxers always face these shits, anyway I also have two CD-ROM, one of them is USB. Wasn't detected out of the box. I had to edit the fstab making them manually mount /dev/sr0 to /mnt/cdrom2. In that case cdrom2 dir had to be created manually.

He he .. we want something out of the box! Why should every single person have to edit 'n' edit the things in linux, I don't like it though I'm one of those intentional linuxers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2