Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Slackware 14.2 boot failure

Hi
    i have installed Slackware64-14.2 (dual boot with win8.1)
    for first time it booted successfully, but for next times boot fails, i shared pictures from screen. (sorry for low quality!)
    YbavVl.jpg

and sometimes this occures:
    YbavVl.jpg

===========Extra info:=============
    #i installed Slackware64-14.1 withouth any problem, but slack64-14.2 fails when booting.

#i tested on MBR and GPT too.

#when i Halt or Reboot the Slackware doesn't turn off completely:
    Code:
    / has been successfully unmounted.
    Remounting toot file system read-only:
    mount: /dev/sda7 mounted on /.          <-----STOPS HERE!
    #my notebook is Asus x453

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't really know much about Slackware are you able to type anything after the boot failure errors? You could try type "startx" without the quotes.

The other thing is, is there a need to be running Windows 8.1? Windows 8 was made for the trash can while Microsoft were developing Windows 10. They were offering free upgrades from windows 7 and upwards to Windows 10 but I think its finished now. In my experience when running a Linux OS is to have that as your only OS rather than dual booting Windows and Linux.

Solved

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I don't really know much about Slackware are you able to type anything after the boot failure errors? You could try type "startx" without the quotes.

The other thing is, is there a need to be running Windows 8.1? Windows 8 was made for the trash can while Microsoft were developing Windows 10. They were offering free upgrades from windows 7 and upwards to Windows 10 but I think its finished now. In my experience when running a Linux OS is to have that as your only OS rather than dual booting Windows and Linux.
    Hi
    i solved it here:
    PHP Code:
    linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-14-2-boot-failure-4175583895/page2.html 

$spacer_open
$spacer_close