Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have just installed Slackware 10.1 but LILO was unable to instal, I do not know the reason. So I created a bootdisk and when boot from the ploppy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ijust installed Slackware 10.1 but now i have a problem

Hi,

I have just installed Slackware 10.1 but LILO was unable to instal, I do not know the reason. So I created a bootdisk and when boot from the ploppy boot disk I get a black screen loading all my devices I think but than it asks me to loging, so I just log in as a user that a created using adduser but thats all i can do i log in but i just see the black screen and I do not know how to get to my desktop. When I installed slackware I only created two partions a Swamp Partion and Linux one, I do not know if i did right.

I am really new to Slackware, can anyone please help me with this.

Thank You.

tfk
    Linux Newbie
    This should do it:
    Code:
    startx
    Do this command after logging in. It startx X11, the graphical part of the system. It works _only_ if you have installed the X11 package. (I think it's installed by default.)

Have fun!
    --LC
    it\'s !Linux; it\'s GNU/Linux!
    [XBill] [GNU] [Viewable with Any Browser] [Drop me a mail]

Just Joined!
    Depending on your setup you might also need to configure your video settings. You can either edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, or (personally I think this is easier) you can run the command
    Code:
    xorgconfig
    and it will guide you through the configuration process.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close