Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ... i'm new to Slackware, i have installed Slackware 10.0 on my machine and using blackbox interface, how can i customize the visuals ( font color, background color of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

customizing styles and setting background "blacbox"

Hi ...

i'm new to Slackware, i have installed Slackware 10.0 on my machine and using blackbox interface, how can i customize the visuals ( font color, background color of the console ... putting wallpaper on the desktop etc etc ) can somebody help me with this ?

Kind Regards

Blackbox uses files in your .blackbox/ directory to determine what backgrounds, colors, themes, etc that it uses. This directory doesn't exist at first; usually you have a .blackboxrc file that points to /usr/share/blackbox or something like that. Go to that directory.

Copy the /styles and /Backgroungs directories and any other directories or files in there (I forget exactly but there should only be a couple) into a directory named .blackbox in your home directory. There is a utility that can make customising Blackbox a lot easier called bbconf

**Note: I haven't had to do this in a while so there may be a more elegant solution than this one. Stick around; I'm sure someone will have it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    thanks a lot for your reply ... do you know what commands to use in the console to change font colors and background color ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by taoufik
    thanks a lot for your reply ... do you know what commands to use in the console to change font colors and background color ?
    If you find the actual theme files (they're just text files) in your .blackbox/styles/ directory, you'll see a line that looks something like this:

Code:
    rootCommand:                    bsetroot -solid black
    or

Code:
     rootCommand:         bsetbg -t /home/username/.blackbox/Backgrounds/blah.jpg
    The first sets just a solid color, the second specifies a certain background file. Also, in order to be able to display images in the background you'll need to make sure you have ImageMagick installed.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    IT WORKED !!! COOOOL !!!!!! :P

now i need to install Apache / PHP / MySql on the linux slackware 10.0 ... apache seems to be already installed, but i need to configure it, can you please help me ?

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taoufik
    IT WORKED !!! COOOOL !!!!!! :P

now i need to install Apache / PHP / MySql on the linux slackware 10.0 ... apache seems to be already installed, but i need to configure it, can you please help me ?

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apache is not my strong point. You might want to post a question on the "Servers" section of the forum.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    o yes ... sorry

i really want to thank you for your help

thanks again !!!