Find the answer to your Linux question:
I updated slackware and it updated all of the kernel modules to 2.4.29 and now I lost all of my modules. lsmod only shows the word module. If i modprobe ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

update Slackware

I updated slackware and it updated all of the kernel modules to 2.4.29 and now I lost all of my modules. lsmod only shows the word module.
    If i modprobe it says kernel version mismatch.
    Now everything is 2.4.29 but my kernel is 2.4.26. Can anybody give me some Idea on how to get my new slack to boot to 2.4.29. What are the steps needed?
    thanks
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

did you use the mkinitrd script ?
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

I used rsync then updated eveything - bad news
    It updated all the kernel mods but didn't update the kernel
    and it deleted all the old kernel mods.

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

*Update*
    I ran /sbin/lilo and it updated the map I think but now it boots to 2.4.29 now and it rocks we have sound again yay.
    -- Linus Torvalds