Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there, If I plug the Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard using USB, whenever I type, "nice" really fast, it comes out as "nicine"... this happens with all sorts of words ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB Logitech Keyboard probs when typing.. "nice" -

Hey there,

If I plug the Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard using USB, whenever I type, "nice" really fast, it comes out as "nicine"... this happens with all sorts of words and only happens if you type fast (I do type fast that's why it's a problem for me).

It does this on my friend's computer as well (same keyboard with USB) and it will even do this when booting up a Slackware 10.0 or 10.1 CD, when it asks you which kernel to boot even!

It does not do this when connected to PS/2, but I can't connect to PS/2 for my own reasons... any idea what the fudge is going on?! This never happened in Windows XP.

Thanks!

Linux Newbie
    i dont have a clue but its probably a bad driver and i would guess more with the usb than the keyboard because of the speed issue and since windows would have a different driver. see if you can find a different version for each

I have a similar setup and I don't think it is a specific driver fault, it happens to me regardless if I connect keyboard through PS2 or USB. I think it may be an internal linux error which can be fixed up soon.