Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am wondering the following things: First: I am running Slackware Linux v3.5 (I believe it says Linux 2.0.34 when it starts up) on a Fujitsu LifeBook B142 Series with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware 3.5 (Linux v2.0.34) and USB and PCMCIA

I am wondering the following things:

First:
    I am running Slackware Linux v3.5 (I believe it says Linux 2.0.34 when it starts up) on a Fujitsu LifeBook B142 Series with two built in USB ports and a PCMCIA slot. The USB ports register in Windows 98 (registered; I kicked Windows out of my computer) as PCI to USB Universal Host Controller. How do I get the USB ports to be recognized (the ones that are built in)?

Second:
    In searching for information concerning Adaptec's AUA-1420A USB2Connect for Notebooks USB2.0 Adapter (PCMCIA CardBus Adapter), the devivce seems to conform to the CardBus specifications, but my version of Linux is unsure of how to use it. Does anyone know if the former Trantor Corporation manufactured this card (indicating a lack of support for this USB Adapter), or if Adaptec made it but no information existed for Linux (indicating a lack of necessity for this USB Adapter).

Third:
    I have a Lexar Media USB JumpDrive Sport device. Does anyone know of specific Linux-oriented software for the device.

I'm not very sure why you are using Slackware 3.5, when 10.1 has just been released, maybe you should install that?

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Newbie
    I was about to make the same comment. The hardware you're trying to run was developed after the kernel/Slackware release. Support for your hardware simply doesn't exist with your current combination of software.
    Install the recent release and I'm almost certain your hardware troubles will dissapear.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Just Joined!

USB support Salck 3.5

As I recall, USB support wasn't until kernel 2.2 and didn't become real stable until 2.4. SO, at the least, you would have to compile your kernel to 2.2 or higher. Good luck.

Just Joined!
    Kernel 2.0 doesn't have support for USB.