Find the answer to your Linux question:
When trying to install 10.1 when I try to mount / I get permission denied. I previously installed 10.0 whitout that problem. Now 10.0 does the same thing. The only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cannot mount root partition in installation

When trying to install 10.1 when I try to mount / I get permission denied. I previously installed 10.0 whitout that problem. Now 10.0 does the same thing. The only difference is that I have reinstalled MDK on drive HDA so I can get online while I try to get Slackware to run. Slackware will be installed on HDB by itself. The installler would not mount partitions on either hard drive. I did Chown of HDB but that did not help. I have used Mdk several years but they are becomming less friendly to the individual user; so, I want to move away from them. Don

are you root?
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!

Cannot mount partitions in install

I have used the passwords root, null, darkstar, slackware, and also just hit enter without entering anything. The results are always the same (a comand line starting with root). None of those worked. Either root ar no entry worked when I originally installed 10.0 without haveing Mandrake installed . Thanks for the reply. Don

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The default root password is empty/no password, unless you did set one during installation.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Thanks I'll try that again to make sure. don