Find the answer to your Linux question:
So far my experience has been good with slackware10 however i could never get openGL to work right with my ATI Radeon 9600xt card. i made a post about it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Short annoying pauses

So far my experience has been good with slackware10 however i could never get openGL to work right with my ATI Radeon 9600xt card. i made a post about it a while ago and basically was told that ATI sucks with Linux and i'm screwed.

so i got to thinking maybe it's my ATI card that is also causing everything to lock up for 5-7 second intervals. this happens twice in a row, fist lockup lasts about 5 seconds and the second a little longer. after these brief annoying pauses, things work normally for a good 30min or so and then it does it again. i am not able to move my mouse, type, and all audio is halted. Why is it doing this and is there a way to make it stop?

Linux Newbie
    Sorry to say this but you are pretty much screwed, if your running the firegl drivers switch back to vesa, if your already running vesa drivers your even more screwed.
    Ma homeboy is Jesus himself.