Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, here is the deal. I set up a game server on my aerver, it uses its own internet conection. I have a faster internet connection for me. They are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two nics in slackwre, help!?

Ok, here is the deal. I set up a game server on my aerver, it uses its own internet conection. I have a faster internet connection for me. They are 2 totally different ISP. I need both of them to work. the slow internet connection is pretty slow, kinda like DSL. I have RoadRunner, that is the other one that I want to use for the game server. I have 2 nics in the computer, eth0 and eth1. I cannot get these to both access the internet, either eth0 is up and eth1 is down for vise versa. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Computer Press

Just Joined!
    /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf

just simply config that file and the

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart

Just Joined!
    don't do this unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

Here's what's going to happen unless you set routes with sources and destinations. You're going to screw up traffic. What I mean is that the packets will take the shortest route or in the case of a slow connection, they will take the faster route. You'll force the packets of one ISP to take the connection path of the other ISP.

You will have to check source and destination packets and route them properly.