Find the answer to your Linux question:
I got a used Compaq Proliant 5500 with a SCSI Array System. I never, ever, have used a SCSI Array System, so I am really confused on how to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Slackware 10 on Array System

I got a used Compaq Proliant 5500 with a SCSI Array System. I never, ever, have used a SCSI Array System, so I am really confused on how to install linux on it. So far I got one HD stuck in a 7HD Array. I have setup a logical partition using Compaq's Array Tools. Now What? How do I refer to the harddrive from linux. It does not see it as a SCSI hd. How do I work with Arrays in Linux. Any ideas??

- Bogdan

Just Joined!
    I think is necessary to now the SCSI controller type. After that select and use the right kernel for your SCSI controller
    Read this, I hope will help you
    http://www.slackware.com/install/bootdisk.php

Just Joined!
    Thank you. At first I was using adaptec.s image and I should have used the raid.s image. Over all it works now grate. For future reference to who ever looks at this thread here is what works to install Slack on a RAID system:

1. Select raid.s at the boot as the kernel (type in 'raid.s' at the boot: )
    2. Partition the HD by 'cfdisk /dev/ida/c0d0' (c0d0 could be something different in your case)
    3. Precede with installation as when installing on a normal PC.

- Bogdan

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close