Find the answer to your Linux question:
Let the bashing begin: I know I'm not the first with this question however after reading through hundreds of messages I couldn't find the answer. Win2k installed. Irepartitioned and installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dual boot

Let the bashing begin:
    I know I'm not the first with this question however after reading through hundreds of messages I couldn't find the answer.

Win2k installed. Irepartitioned and installed FC3, then removed it and installed SLACKWARE 10, Had to use fixmbr because the system wouldn't boot. Now win2k boots but I want to re-install slackware.
    How will the system determine which Os to run when powered on

Linux Engineer
    slackware will install lilo, you will have a choice upon booting of windows or slackware, you can edit your lilo configurations for which will be default upon timeout, and if windows is not properly detected lilo is easy to manually configure.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!

lilo

Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    slackware will install lilo, you will have a choice upon booting of windows or slackware, you can edit your lilo configurations for which will be default upon timeout, and if windows is not properly detected lilo is easy to manually configure.
    It's been a LONG time. I used to run nothing BUT linux, then in 2002 I went to Win2k.

I 'd forgotten that I had to install lilo to the MBR and not the superblock.
    Things are working fine so far, x started right up.. now on to the wireless G network card. this should be fun.

Thanks for the help. It will come back - hopefully!