Find the answer to your Linux question:
Please Help Me Set Up Pop3 on my linux box so that i can receive emails and not just send Kind Regards L33tLinuxN00b...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Please Help Me Setup POP3 So It Will Fetch Emails

Please Help Me Set Up Pop3 on my linux box so that i can receive emails and not just send

Kind Regards
    L33tLinuxN00b

Just Joined!
    What slackware version are you using, also with what application would you like to be able to retrieve your pop3 email. (that could also be said what mail client are you using, or are you using a retreival script)

Re: Please Help Me Setup POP3 So It Will Fetch Emails

Please Help Me Set Up Pop3 on my linux box so that i can receive emails and not just send
    It would help if you would suppy more info like what error message(s) are you getting, what mail program are using, etc.

Are you saying that you can Send email? Normally the SMTP is something like outgoing.yourisp.com(or .net or....). And the POP3 is normally something like incoming.yourisp.com(or .net or...).
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?

Uncomment the pop3 line in your /etc/inetd.conf and restart inetd . It should work for local accounts now (assuming you have the software needed installed, it came with your Slackware version)
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Well I Have Slackware 10.1 installed and i would like to use sendmail...
    now for example...
    i have a user named joe passwd joe5...
    now when i go into outlook and set the incoming and outgoin to the ip which is 192.168.1.55 user joe passwd joe5 and hit send and receive it doesnt have any error... but if i ask someone to send to me a email it doesnt get received...and if i try send then it has this problem...

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
    'the mail address' . Subject 'testing email', Account: 'joe soap', Server: '192.168.1.55', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <...>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

please help...

Just Joined!
    Well I Have Slackware 10.1 installed and i would like to use sendmail...
    now for example...
    i have a user named joe passwd joe5...
    now when i go into outlook and set the incoming and outgoin to the ip which is 192.168.1.55 user joe passwd joe5 and hit send and receive it doesnt have any error... but if i ask someone to send to me a email it doesnt get received...and if i try send then it has this problem...

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
    'the mail address' . Subject 'testing email', Account: 'joe soap', Server: '192.168.1.55', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <...>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

please help...