Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Slackware 10.1 and fluxbox 0.9.12. Xscreensaver will not start at the specified time, and will not start at all. How can I get it to start? mr.popper...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xscreensaver won't start in fluxbox

I use Slackware 10.1 and fluxbox 0.9.12. Xscreensaver will not start at the specified time, and will not start at all. How can I get it to start?

mr.popper

have you tried running the screensaver daemon manually?
    that is, from an xterm running as the same user which is running Fluxbox, type:
    Code:
    xscreensaver
    which should bring you to a sort of control module where you can change settings, etc. and start the screensaver manually.

Just Joined!

Slackware 11 Screensaver Wont Start

Ok , Im no expert and this seems like a simple fix , yet I was confused on how to make the screensaver work correctly. I hate signing up for forums but felt this problem needed to be fixed , Im sure everyone is having the same problem with the screensavers allthough I am using slackware 11. Right click desktop and goto configure desktop , then to display and then power control. Check enable power management and apply. Wow now the scr works. Hope this works for everyone because it seems to be a prob as I searched for a resolution.