Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I want to try Slackware 10.1 but I've tried many mirrors on the Slackware site, Google and http://linuxiso.org/ All of them froze or went really slow. So where would be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Good place(s) to download from

I want to try Slackware 10.1 but I've tried many mirrors on the Slackware site, Google and http://linuxiso.org/ All of them froze or went really slow. So where would be a good place to download the Slackware 10.1 ISOs for an american?

Just Joined!
    The mirrors on the slackware site are the fast download places. I got about 420 kbps on my cable modem. It took about 30 minutes to download each cd, but I did them at the same time and got 300-400 kbps for each download. It was in ftp

Just Joined!

How fast you want?

You said that it was froze, but try to say something more! Cause we dont know what is fast to you, if you have a 32000 kbps conection, of couse 2 megabytes are that slow,eh, eh! I think the ftp mirror in slackware.com very fast, so, try to use some japanese mirror, it may satisfy you...

Linux Newbie
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Engineer

Re: How fast you want?

Bleh I've downloaded (from the Slackware servers) and burned the first ISO twice but when I install it says a ton of packages are corrupt or missing. When I mount them on Fedora I see the corrupt packages. I think it has to do something with the download just randomly freezing (not slow, stopped) occasionally. With KGet I resume it and it doesn't go so I pause it then resume it again and it keeps on downloading.

Oh and 350kbps+ is fast for me.

The Japanese server went under 20kbps.

I've usually had good bitrates from any of the "sunsite" mirrors, as well as places in Australia.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    This is really pissing me off. No matter where I download from, somewhere along the way it gets stalled and corrupts a lot of packages.

Just Joined!
    Are you sure that the problem is not YOUR network? May it be...

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by a thing
    This is really pissing me off. No matter where I download from, somewhere along the way it gets stalled and corrupts a lot of packages.
    If you used the link I provided and your download failed, your problem lies somewhere between your ISP and your machine.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Turn
    If you used the link I provided and your download failed, your problem lies somewhere between your ISP and your machine.
    I'm such an idiot. I forgot that I've been getting disced from AIM and MSN recently. Comcast sucks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast