Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't seem to get me networking to function at all, and my sound is broken as well. I'm quite a newbie to Linux, and could use all the help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems in Slackware....

I can't seem to get me networking to function at all, and my sound is broken as well. I'm quite a newbie to Linux, and could use all the help you might be able to offer. It would be absurdly kind of you if you could help me via IM - I'm Teloriose on AIM, MSN, and Yahoo.

Linux Engineer
    You have to give us more information about the problem you're experiencing.. how is your network setup?
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    I'm at a university, internal Intel V100 VE Nic, plugged into a modem in the wall, on OC3. That's all I know. That's why I was hoping to talk to someone via IM.

I'm obviously not nearly savvy enough to have a Linux that functions, but I don't even know how to uninstall the bloody thing. So I've now got half of my hard drive wasted on a broken OS I'm not intelligent enough to use, and I don't even know how to get it back.

**EDIT

And the problem is simply that I installed it and, despite running netconfig, the internet doesn't work.

**EDIT again

Nor does the sound.