Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just wanted to warn people that if they have slackware 10.0 and uses slackware current to upgrade to 10.1 then run /sbin/lilo. The upgrade includes a kernel upgrade and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

info about slackware-current

I just wanted to warn people that if they have slackware 10.0 and uses slackware current to upgrade to 10.1 then run /sbin/lilo. The upgrade includes a kernel upgrade and if you do a kernel upgradepkg *.tgz then don't forget the /sbin/lilo or it won't boot.

Good Luck
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Engineer
    How did you upgrade? Are you using swaret or slapt-get?

Just asking because those have the kernel and the lilo packages excluded for upgrading so that doesn't happen.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

I have a rsync program that syncs with slackware current.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Oh well, you wouldn't have that problem if you've used swaret/slapt-get, unless you configure it to update the kernel and lilo packages.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    The UPGRADE.TXT file states to be sure your lilo.conf is updated before rebooting...and if you apply updates to that file, you NEED to run /sbin/lilo.

Just Joined!
    Patrick warns against using swaret or slapt-get to upgrade Slackware versions. He spells out his method for upgrading Slack versions in the UPGRADE.txt ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackwar....1/UPGRADE.TXT

Since he's "the man", I choose to heed his advice.