Results 1 to 2 of 2
So I've got this ooold Creative Labs Parallel Port Video Blaster II webcam, and I'd like to get 'er working. Here's what I've tried so far. (Disclaimer: I don't know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-24-2005 #1
- Join Date
- May 2005
So I've got this ooold Creative Labs Parallel Port Video Blaster II webcam, and I'd like to get 'er working. Here's what I've tried so far. (Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm doing, so don't laugh at me!)
* Plugging it in
* recompiling kernel with modules for Parallel Port support, V4L, and all the CPiA drivers
* booted new kernel
* modprobe'd cpia_pp, which also loads cpia, parport and videodev.
* installed xawtv and tried loading up webcam
* got error messages about /dev/video0 not existing
* checked in /dev and found that there really is no video0 device in there.
* not known what to do from here.
- 05-25-2005 #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
I might not be completely up-to-date on this but as far as I'm concerned version of slackware (until the 10.0) do not support webcams - you might want to take a look at Google maybe some newer distro support webcams - I herad that gyach/package supports webcams but not sure on waht distro
good luckIf you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.