Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
evrything is fine now - I mangaed to get it running and it seems pretyy fine - I only need now to touch & andjust all the small particulars - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

evrything is fine now - I mangaed to get it running and it seems pretyy fine - I only need now to touch & andjust all the small particulars - thanx to ALL

p.s.: a little word of advice for those trying to update to the new linux kernel2.6.11.11 : you fully need to configure the new kernel as nothing is set by default as I thought - especially all fyle system types (thats basiclaly the reason why i couldnt boot it)

good luck to ALL
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    p.s.: a little word of advice for those trying to update to the new linux kernel2.6.11.11 : you fully need to configure the new kernel as nothing is set by default as I thought - especially all fyle system types (thats basiclaly the reason why i couldnt boot it)

good luck to ALL
    Yep, that is what happens when you don't use a default .config file. or a starter config for "menuconfig". It can get rather hectic when you have NOTHING in the kernel, and all the stuff you need unavailable.

only thing i keep in my kernels is the hardware & filesystems i need to boot (ext2, ide...etc) so that my kernel is small, and anything else is modular.

feels better to dig your way out, rather than just blow it up and restart, doesn't it? -)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2