Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
NEVERMIBD! I got firefox to work, i jsut cd to /root/Desktop and i didnt extract the .gz befor i isntalled it. OK s onow firefox works, how about ym 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NEVERMIBD! I got firefox to work, i jsut cd to /root/Desktop and i didnt extract the .gz befor i isntalled it. OK s onow firefox works, how about ym 2 mouse buttons and my video card?? How can I change my resolution? Right nowe i mat 1024x768 and i hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNutl337
    And also, thanks the scroll wheel works now, but on the mx510, there are two buttons on the sdie that can be used to go back and forth on a web browser.. Can i get those to work?
    Erm, I'm not sure but you might want to change the line that reads
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    to
    Option "Buttons" "7"
    and I think in kde at least there is a setting in the kde-controle-center that lets you use both these buttons, but i'm not sure.

I'm not sure about you firefox problem though.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    I've already fixed firefox, but now i gotta try and get ATI drivers to work or soemthing, cuz icant stand 1024x768... And also whats a good database driven Media palyer?? Like iTunes

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR XORG.CONF FILE BEFORE MODIFYING IT!!

You would be amazed how much suffering in the world could be averted by that.

In the Screen section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, you'll see a line that says Default Color Depth. Note what depth it is and take a look at your Display subsection with the corresponding depth. Add "1280 1024" to that line and restart X.

Amarok and Juk are both pretty good for your media player.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

If you want to change resolutions you should be able to do it via ctrl+alt+ the + and - keys on the numpad. this will take you through the res in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (
    Subsection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480
    EndSubsection
    -- add resolutions you don't have to the file).
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    OK well i added that and i tried ctrl+alt+ + and it would go thru 2 different reolutions, but they were REALLY jumbled up..

did you try restarting X with ctrl+alt+backspace once you chasnged your res in /et/X11/xorg.conf file?
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    and also i'm trying Juk, and when i go to the download section i get this: ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/ but i have no clue wich one to install..

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    did you try restarting X with ctrl+alt+backspace once you chasnged your res in /et/X11/xorg.conf file?
    Yes i did

You could try amarok from here: http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_...me=amarok&ver=

Install it with pkgtool. I don't know if there is a Slackware package for Juk.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast