Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am in the process of making Slax my primary OS. I have used nothing but Slax since I downloaded it last week and did an HD install. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VSFTPD and NTFS help please

I am in the process of making Slax my primary OS. I have used nothing but Slax since I downloaded it last week and did an HD install. I have Nvidia drivers running. The only thing I'm having problems with that may drive me back to windows is setting up an FTP server.

I need to create users that can only connect to the FTP. I am using VSFTP with inetd. I want them to be chrooted in an NTFS partition for downloading, and upload in my ext3 partition (I don't know if this is even possible). I have tried chrooting them to /mnt/hda1/ftp dir but it I can't get it to work. I can't even log in with my virtual users I'm creating. I must be missing something.

I have been trying to stick with linux for several years now but frustration with small things always drives me back to windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linux Newbie
    I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to achieve here, but remember that Linux currently cannot write to NTFS partitions, and the newer kernels which can are only experimental, and very limited (can only over-write existing files, and cannot change the size of them).

Linux Newbie
    I think for the sake of this, he's really just asking how to make a users root be /mnt/hda1/ftp.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close