Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i have figured out these two problems, now i'm trying to configure frame buffer to get pretty console text with penguin logo on top, like it was on 2.4.29 kernel.

I made it i have put VGA=773 to bootparams, and now I see console logo and text is not so big now i have noticed a touchpad problem on kernel 2.4.29 i was more sensible and fast and i could click with it like with left mouse button, now i couldn't. i have searched the touchpad drivers in kernel compilation, but didn't find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Sonyk
    I made it i have put VGA=773 to bootparams, and now I see console logo and text is not so big now i have noticed a touchpad problem on kernel 2.4.29 i was more sensible and fast and i could click with it like with left mouse button, now i couldn't. i have searched the touchpad drivers in kernel compilation, but didn't find anything
    I have the very same problem with my Toshiba laptop in Debian. With 2.4 kernel, you could, "click" from the touchpad and pointer movement was smooth. With the 2.6 kernel, I cannot use the pad in this way and mouse movement is jerky and erratic. I had a similar problem in Slackware going from 2.4 to 2.6, and re-compiled the kernel to add certain mouse support that solved it, but I can't now remember what I did!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    you don't remember. but are u sure that it is somewhere in kernel compilation ?