Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I just bought a US Robotics 8001 router with a USB print server. I connected my HP DeskJet 5150 to it - before it worked flawlessly when connected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Printing on HP DeskJet 5150 connected to USR 8001 router

Hi guys, I just bought a US Robotics 8001 router with a USB print server. I connected my HP DeskJet 5150 to it - before it worked flawlessly when connected directly to my main pc. Now, I've been trying for hours to configure it through the CUPS web interface (localhost:631) but nothing works . On Linuxprinting.org it was suggested to use the 'socket://' command, since it's the simplest and so on. Now that doesn't work, and most other options (internet printing http:// - ipp:// - lpd:// - socket:// - ... But none of them works. Anyone?

Thanks a lot
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux Engineer
    Well, I feared it would join the myriad of unsolved topics, but nevermind . I fixed it. Working fine now - hell, network printing goes faster on Linux than on Windows, even .
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **