Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed slackware 10.1 and after installation it boots and I see nothing.How many cds is it.Just 1 cd and a 500 kb for second cd(which I did not burn)....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware 10.1

I installed slackware 10.1 and after installation it boots and I see nothing.How many cds is it.Just 1 cd and a 500 kb for second cd(which I did not burn).

Just Joined!
    the isos for the install disks of slackware are
    slackware-10.1-install-d1.iso 634M
    slackware-10.1-install-d2.iso 644M
    now i dont know if you need the second disk for a working install but i usually install both just cause i like to have everything i need without having to go back and install it later. When you say you get nothing is it just a black screen or do you mean there is no graphical login?
    you can get the iso for slackware @
    http://slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub...ware-10.1-iso/
    this is the server i downloaded mine from and ive had no problems with them after 5 or so installs on different machines.

oz
    forum.guy

Re: Slackware 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by vignesh
    I installed slackware 10.1 and after installation it boots and I see nothing.
    Yep, if you know the OS is booting, but there is "nothing" on the screen. It sounds like your monitor or video card have bitten the dust. If you see a black background with a login screen, you probably need to run xorgconfig if you want to work within the x-windows system.

I don't remember for sure, but I was thinking KDE is on disk 2, so if you want that, you'll have to download another ISO.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The fist CD has the binaries for Slackware. The second CD has Gnome and KDE on it, so it's optional. How do you know it boots up if your screen is blank? If it is booting up, then it sounds like a framebuffer problem. Go into LILO and make the corrections, if it's possible, seeing as your screen is "blank" and all.