Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm really enjoying slapt-get right now but I'd like to start adding to my my file called example.slapt-getrc where it looks as though all the mirrors are being held.. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Adding stuff to slapt-get

I'm really enjoying slapt-get right now but I'd like to start adding to my my file called example.slapt-getrc where it looks as though all the mirrors are being held.. I was looking for just a slapt-getrc file without the little example but I cannot find it, I compiled slapt-get from source btw. Can I just rename the file and delete the "example" part from it? And then uncomment some of the cool mirrors it has in there? I'm mainly just looking to get the official Slack package mirrors and linuxpackages.org mirrors. Thanks.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Engineer
    Yes, of course
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Wow this is taking forever on the --upgrade, it's only a handful of packages too (80MB) , shouldn't be taking this long, I gotta find some faster mirrors. It's quite odd.. I'm not eating any bandwith other than this right now too.

I'm really taking a liking towards slapt-get. When I upgrade my packages will it upgrade all of them? Because I'm not seeing stuff like KDE 3.4 and such, hopefully I can chage this through altering the mirrors.
    Registered Linux user #393103

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    When I upgrade my packages will it upgrade all of them? Because I'm not seeing stuff like KDE 3.4 and such, hopefully I can chage this through altering the mirrors.
    You need to use the Slackware 'current' repo to get KDE 3.4.
    Be absolutely certain you always read the CHANGELOG if using slackware-current.

And always view and manage your /etc config file changes.
    $ find /etc -name *.new
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.