Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I have two hard drives, and with my slax live cd (based on slackware) the first hard drive is picked up, but the second (labeled HDB1 in Knoppix) comes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Second hdd not recognised

Hi. I have two hard drives, and with my slax live cd (based on slackware) the first hard drive is picked up, but the second (labeled HDB1 in Knoppix) comes up as HDB3 and seems to have the linux root filesystem on it. I can confirm that I have not installed Linux on this drive, and when I run Knoppix the hdd is fine, and all the origional files are there.

Now, the first hard drive has a windows installation on, but for some reason it crashed on me and won't work. The second hard drive had a few files on it that I wanted to keep separate. I think that the second one is formatted as NTFS, but not sure. One of them is Fat32 and the other is NTFS.

The thing I am trying to do is copy files from one hard drive to the other.

If anyone could tell me how to get my second hard drive to be recognised then I would be very grateful, but if you can't then please tell me how to copy files onto my ipod. When I connect it, the linux picks it up, but any files that I put on it seem to vanish!

Thanks in advance
    Tom

Linux Enthusiast
    do you 'sync' after copying the files to the ipod

I'm not sure slax has NTFS support where I know for sure knoppix does (even CaptiveNTFS too)