Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey i was wondering? someone told me that slackware is like the best distro for laptops what do you guys think? ive never used it and im downloading the isos ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

slack on laptops

hey i was wondering? someone told me that slackware is like the best distro for laptops what do you guys think? ive never used it and im downloading the isos now (dossnt hurt to have another distro lying around even if i dont use it) but yea.. im looking to put linux on a 750 mhz laptop with like 128 megs of ram.. just wondering oh yea, also before i go about reformatting everyhitng on one of my discs... does slackware come with ndiswrapper when you install it? or do i need to go get it off the internet?
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

Linux User
    From my experience, Slackware is very good for laptops. I use it on my Compaq. I would recommend it. As for ndiswrapper, it doesn't come with Slack, so you'll have to download it.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

oh ok cool! thanks i just got a laptop off ebay like seriousally 5 minuites ago lol im so excited. man ... e-bay is so nerve racking.. i hate it lol but i still won it. do you know if ndiswrapper installs easy on slack? i tried to install it on fedora and went through so much crap .. i never go it to work suse came with it installed and it was so easy. oh well ill give er' a try thanks
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.