Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a small system with no floppy and no cd. I have debian installed and running on hda1. Is there an analogue to debootstrap for slackware? Or is there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing from hard disk

I have a small system with no floppy and no cd. I have debian installed and running on hda1. Is there an analogue to debootstrap for slackware? Or is there a way to mount the install.1 and install.2 floppy images and then copy the root fs to hda*?

thanks,
    r0Ric
    Ohio, USA

GCR
    Just Joined!
    I not quite undrestand what you mean...but Ill truy to help you. You're saying that you want to install Slackware from within Debian? I think it is possible installing from source but it would be painfully slo wif you have a slow PC, and I would no trecommend it. But yes, it can be done, think of it as a Linux from Scatch kind of, just with Slack.

Just Joined!
    I had a fc2 server running some time ago that was buried under the stairs in a cramped apartment. I had a free partition in it, so I installed and ran debootstrap, which copied a root file system onto my free partition. I added a kernel binary and did some configuring, set grub to boot the new debian partition, and then had a new operating system running, done without having to access the box.

Is there a way to do this with slackware? how?

tia,

-r0ric